Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Introduction

When - It'll be in July after my family come back to Taiwan at the second half of June. My favorite is the fisrt half of July because it covers the July 4th and save my vacation hours, which I need for my vacation in Taiwan in August.

Direction - From Mt. Whitney to Yosemite. I think starting tougher can make the following days more comfortable. Once get to Devil's Postpile or Red's Meadow, can have a good meal and hot shower. From then on, will carry light with fast strides to get to Tuolume Meadow for one day and Happy Isle (the Finish) for another day. The last three days will be wonderful to the completion.

Date - Initially, I thought to get to Mt. Whitney on July 4th and start the JMT from there as a celebration. Then I found it is a Monday. I'd like to make better use of the weekends, so the kickoff date is July 3rd. Anyway, this may exclusively depend on the permit if lottery is needed..

How long - 10 days (at most) on the 211 mile trail, plus 2 days commute.

Permits - Since I'll stay a night at Iceberg Lake, wilderness permit is required. Do I need Mt. Whitney permit? For the 10 days on the trail, what kind of permit do I need? Can I get them from Yosemite? It is said easier to get at Yosemite but I need a detour when I drive from Bay Area.

Daily - Try to cover 22 miles a day. breakfast etc (5-7), 10 miles in the morning (7-12), lunch (12-1), 10 miles (1-6), dinner (6-7), 2 miles (7-8), campsite setup (8-9).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home